Fondue with gruyere cheese
A classic recipe for a French Fondue
Ingredients (for 6 people):
- 400 gr. gruyere cheese (cut into pieces)
- 300 gr. Emmenthal (cut into pieces)
- 11/3 cup. kirs
- 11/3cup. dry white wine
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tsp. sweet hot spices
- A little grated nutmeg
- Little ground white pepper
- 15 slices white bread cut into small cubes (without crust)
- Cut garlic in half and rub the pan with it. Place the saucepan on the stove at low temperature. Add cheese cut into small pieces and lemon juice. Then stir with a wooden spoon to create a thick mixture.
- Continue stirring and add the wine, kirs and spices. Raise temperature. Stir until cheese melts.
- When the broth is ready, place the saucepan on the burner, at low temperatures to keep the cheese in a melted state. If you see that the cheese goes to thicken, increase the temperature of the burner.
Offer a basket of bread topped with tidbits kirs or brandy or greased with a little butter and garlic. For wine, drink from that used in the preparation of the broth.